This impressive bridge carries U.S. 24 high above the Eagle River and the tracks. It is one of only two steel arch bridges in the state of Colorado. It was built in 1939 and 1940 and opened for traffic in 1941. $3.6 million was put into repairing the bridge in 2004. It has been entered in to the National Register of Historic Places, so very few changes were made to the look of the bridge. The lower bridge leads to the small town of Red Cliff, CO.
Email Questions or Comments to the Webmaster.