Ski Train Completes 2006-2007 Season News Story Posted By Kevin (Click Name To Email)
Sunday, April 1, 2007 - That's right, another Ski Train season is in the books. The train came to a stop on Track 2 at Denver Union Station this evening at 6:35pm, about five minutes late.
All-in-all, it was a wonderful season for the Ski Train. The train made 41 trips between Denver and Winter Park between December 27, 2006 and March 31, 2007. The train was originally scheduled for 43 trips, but adverse weather in late December canceled two of those trips.
During the course of those 41 trips, the train:
- Passed through 2,378 tunnels.
- Spent roughly 20 hours and 30 minutes inside the Moffat tunnel.
- Raised and lowered steps on the cars of the train 4,131 times.
- Traveled 5,330 miles (approximately the distance from Denver to Rome, Italy as the crow flies).
- Crossed over 1,476 grade crossing between Denver and Winter Park.
- Blew its horn somewhere around 7,500 times.
- Transported roughly 31,000 passengers from Denver to Winter Park.
Here are four final pictures of the train on its way back into town this evening. It was another great year!